"and in that moment, I swear we were infinite..."

Sunday, March 14, 2010

after a 2 year hiatus...


I AM BACK! I feel like a band that has been off the radar for some time and am now making my appearance back in the scene.

Haha, this should be interesting considering I have tried on multiple occasions to re-vamp and update this blog on a regular basis but have failed. So here we go, round 3!

I will start with a weekend update of my first experience with traveling cheerleading competitions. My cousins, Heather and Amber, were down in Williamsburg this weekend with my Uncle Todd for Heathers' ECA National Cheerleading competition. First let me start off by saying congrats to her team for being champions both days! Woot!Second, I have not seen either of my cousins in like 10 years so realizing that 18 year old Heather is taller than me, and Amber is saying full grown-up sentences was a shock, but a good one none the less.

Observation number one of cheering competitions is that parents take this sport uber seriously! They have an award at the end of competition day for the most "supportive" fans (aka- Craziest, loudest, most obnoxious parents with bull horns, light up sashes, sequence tops, cardboard megaphones and glitter makeup to boot). Seriously, I know cheerleading is a spirited sport, but damn, I felt like I was in the middle of a little miss perfect pageant show with crazy show moms!

Observation number two. You need to be fit as hell to cheer. My cousin Heather has abs like no other! Seriously I could not flip and twist and hit as well as some of these girls can to save my life. I saw this like 8 year old girl who did knee back flips! WTF!

Observation number three. Any organization makes money as many ways they can. Charging $20 per person for admissions is ridiculous. I feel as a family member, I have the right to cheer my girl on without having to pay to do so. LAME!

Above is a picture of me and the girls after the first day of competition. I hope next time it wont be another 10 years before i see them again!

xo

No comments: