Back and better than ever! Have had quite an interesting semester. Not going to go into details because thing would take too long. However, am going to revamp this blog and start doing weekly updates. I have been getting inspiration from a bunch of different fashion blogs and think i might start posting my thoughts on other peoples dress! haha
It has been a while since this feeling has hit me, so I figured a post like this is well over due. I would like to find a cute boy who will spend time with me. Go on adventures, play, kiss, and do all sorts of fun things with. A fella who will go out of their way to make sure I know they care about me.
I short cut myself way too much, and I need to realize that all of the guys I lend my time to recently, either a.) only want ass or b.) are not worth chasing after because I will only get my hopes squished in the end.
Mr. Soot was driven to the Richmond airport on Tuesday July 8th. While waiting in the airport for his flight to board, he encounters strange people who like to take the seats next to him when every other seat in the concourse is open. Fun times. People need to learn airport etiquette. Anyways, he boarded the plane and flew to his layover in Detroit. Had 15 minutes before his next flight boarded so, he ran to the next terminal only to discover that his connecting flight was delayed. This was not good. After taking off from Detroit and heading towards Columbus, Mr. Soot became more and more nervous to meet his potential boss Mr. Ludlam. After landing and getting off the plane, Mr. Soot met Mr. Ludlam right past the security checkpoint and walked around the corner to Max and Erma's. SURPRISE!!! Mr. Soot is actually me and I was surprising my best friend Kim for her 21st birthday.
After the initial reaction and shock that I was actually in Columbus Ohio, Kim and I drove away from the airport and started our Columbus adventure. While in Columbus I got to see her ginormous house, that had 3 floors of amazingness. Holy COW!!! The following is a list of things we accomplished while I was in Ohio.
1. Birthday fun celebrations completed with manicures and pedicures for the b-day girl, followed by some amazing lunch and fabulous dinner with the ladies.
2. Visited a cement corn field.
3. Best salad ever consumed at Abuelos in Easton. MMMMMMMmmmmm
4. Met hope
5. Fun times at Cheeseburger in Paradise.
Overall I did not want to leave Columbus and my visit was all too short :(
So I am currently back in Richmond trying to find things to occupy my time.
It has been a little bit since i last updated my blog, but for somewhat of a good reason i guess. I have been working diligently on my "to do" summer list. So lets update shall we.
First I got to play with glitter sparklers on the 4th of July! These were special because they were wrapped in pretty paper and burned different colors. I wish I had pictures but failed.
On top of that I was at a show which adds to my list of seeing 10 shows in a summer.
1. Race the Sun reunion show.
2. Alkaline Trio and Bayside
3. Mercy Mercedes and Love and Reverie and Conditions
4. Aniston and Divided by Friday
5. The Working Title
6. Jonas Sees In Color with Love and Reverie on
7. Ace Enders and a Million Different People
Mmm... here is a picture of the most amazing man in music.
So the video of Ace singing Ever So Sweet as his final song is not uploading and it makes me a little sad. Still fucking brilliant though I tell ya. This show was also amazing because I got to finally hang with the lovely Megan Beth! Woot Woot. We accumulated many a new boyfriends over the course of the evening. She also introduced me to a new favorite word... Choch.
The only reason I am elaborating on this show and no others is because if anyone knows anything about me it is that The Early November is my favorite band thus leading to my love of the second best thing, Ace Enders and a Million different people. :D
The next craft project I am probably embarking on is with Katies help of making a dress. We have the fabric picked out and cant wait to get started.
Ok, so this is a lame post and I apologize but just a quick little diddy.
Since, I have been home things have been... interesting. I don't have this strong connection to Richmond that I had last summer. Things change, people change, life changes. Don't get me wrong, I still love being home, sometimes. But lately all I feel is this strong pull back to NC. Who knows, maybe my attitude will change.
Hopefully this will help. I have decided to make a list of things I want to accomplish this summer. Over the next couple months I will update you on the status of the list, and hopefully provide some pictures as well. If anyone would like to join in parts of my list, I would love it!
1. Have an all night 80's movie marathon.
2. Take a road trip to the beach.
3. Catch lightning bugs.
4. Go camping and actually toast marshmallows for smores.
5. Toilet paper someones house, like back in the old days, just for shits and giggles.
6. Read at least 3 books. (For me this is quite a challenge)
7. Complete a crafty project every week.
8. See at least 10 shows.
9. Play with sparklers.
10. Go on a date.
11. Paddle boat rides!
12. Bike ride at least 2 times a week.
As I think of more things I want to do, I will add as well.
Today I officially left Elon for the summer. I know, I know a little later than planned but I had things to do. Anyhoos, I am going to get straight to the point of this post. My car is a piece of poop!
1. My front headlight has been out for about a good 2-3 weeks or so now. I have taken it to a mechanic numerous times and have found that it is not a bulb but an electrical problem that needs to stay in the shop for more than just a day. But, with the amount of days that I have taken it to the mechanic to have it looked at it should have been fixed by now. Oh! and also, dude mechanic at Elon was way over pricing me for his services. I say eff that shit and I will not be going back to him anytime soon!
2. With about 45 minutes left in my drive, my air conditioning decides its going to completely shit out on me. I would not have as much of a problem with this if it was freaking 96 degrees out. (Side note: I was totally hoping it would have hit 98 degrees so I could have busted out some old school boy bands lyrics on you, but I shall refrain.) Sweating my butt off for the last leg of the trip made me not a happy camper!!! This would also have not been a huge deal to me if I had not experienced this problem last summer, and this same problem apparently being fixed. Come on really now?
3. As soon as I figured out my AC was going, guess what also decides to be a little bitch and not work. Oh that would be my Verizon phone service. Now, I am not going to complain too much because I have not experienced many issues with Verizon before. BUT, when my phone is telling me I have full service and none of my calls are connecting in a very urgent time, I was a little peeved. So after this a lot of screaming and choice words followed.
So I eventually got home, unpacked my car in the blazing heat, called MY mechanic and will hopefully have everything worked out by next week. Can I please just find a car that will be good to me, please?
Thanks, that is all. Thought I would share. Hope you have a lovely evening!
So I have decided that I am going to give this blogging thing one last try. I completely failed at my last attempt at keeping one, so maybe this time things will go a little better. As for this first post, it will be nothing too in depth, just a little hello from me to you!
I hope you continue to come back and read my adventures and everyday life tales. Hopefully there will be some pictures to include as well.
As for now, I will leave you by asking you to go check out a band called A Rocket To The Moon.