"and in that moment, I swear we were infinite..."

Sunday, April 4, 2010

kids in love...


I love watching music videos! I think it can either make or break a song the way it is portrayed and interpreted through the artists eyes. Lately I have been watching a lot of them on the tube and one in particular has really stood out to me amongst the rest.

Mayday Parade is a band who first came through my earphones 2 years ago while on a drive up to NJ for the Bamboozle festival. I was immediately in love with their sound and since then have seen them live twice! Now I know a lot of you are going to think that they sound very similar to all other pop punk bands, but once you see this video, they have a point of view they were not afraid to share, and really gives a whole other outlook on who they are as a band. Yes I know a bunch of the scenes could be seen as cliche for every "scene band" out there nowadays, but I think they portray young love in a way they are not afraid to share, and what a lot of it is like these days. I am warning that the content is explicit, but I do feel that they are not condoning any of the actions in the video, just merely expressing their outlet of music! You have to have an account to log in on to see the video, but I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Mayday Parade- Kids in Love...

xo
"And you're still out of me reach, and you're still all of the things that I want in my life, how could I ask you to leave me?"

No comments: