"and in that moment, I swear we were infinite..."

Saturday, August 28, 2010

the king of fashion, McQueen...

I know that this has nothing to do with any of my previous posts, but I am not going to lie that the website I am about to share with you is what has been occupying my time from writing...


If you click the name of Alexander McQueen, it will take you to his brilliant website, where you can find archives of all of his past runway shows. The man was genius. I have spent hours watching the creations he built, and the stunning clothing and the theatrical shows, everything! This man has paved the way for the future of the fashion industry and it makes me sad to know that no more grandior thoughts will come out of his head. My favorite collection so far has been his Fall/ Winter 09 Collection titled "The Horn of Plenty"

How could you not look at his designs and think that they are stunningly beautiful and ugly at the same time. The juxtaposition of fashion and the industrial nature of everything ele surrounding the show is breathtaking.

I cant even begin to grasp the idea and execution behind the make-up and hair styling of this show. It leaves me speechless every time I go back and take a peak at the collection. Every individual model brought her own disfiguring pose at the end of the runway which topped off the feeling of the show. Everyone should go experience at least one of his runways, and if you have been fortunate enough to experience it in person, I would love to hear your first hand account as to how epic it must have been.I am currently lusting after his jewelry collection online and would love to own a piece of his work. The above ring is one of the two in particular that I would die for. So if anyone wants to get me a birthday gift, wink wink, you know what to do! Haha

It is tragic and sad that this man was taken from the world when he was. But according to himself, it was time. I only hope that his legacy lives on in the fashion world, and that the McQueen empire will only grow stronger, with the best looks yet to come.

xo

p.s.- dont even get me going on his shoes. that will be a whole other post in itself!

"I've got a tight grip on reality but I can't, let go of whats in front of me here... You are the only exception, you are the only exception."
Paramore

No comments: